We are excited to welcome to our newest Teaching Artist, Madisun! Madisun will be teaching Create with the Greats, after-school art, and much more! Learn more about Madisun below!
1. What is your connection to the arts? My connection to the arts are teaching art at Mammoth Elementary and Middle school, as well as, tattooing at my shop, June Lake Tattoo. When I have time, I also enjoy creating paintings and doodles.
2. Are you an artist yourself or do you have a particular interest in the arts?
Yes, I am an artist. My main interests in art are tattooing, teaching, acrylic painting, pen illustrations, and digital art.
3. What is your favorite arts medium and why is it your favorite?
Ballpoint pen is my favorite medium because it’s so simple. All you need is a pen and something to draw on. It’s easy to take anywhere and you can create so much using different lines, shapes, and patterns. I also love that you can’t erase it so you learn how to work with your mistakes. I have been drawing with pen my entire life.
4. If you could learn any arts medium, what would it be? Why?
I would love to learn more about ceramics. I love that with ceramics you create things that you are able to use, as well as, make 3D sculptures. It’s also fun to use your hands and get messy!
5. What are you most looking forward to as a Teaching Artist for Mono Arts Council?
I love teaching art! It’s so much fun to watch and teach people to create. Being creative makes people happy so I feel so grateful to bring joy and happiness into people's lives.
6. Why do you think the arts are so important right now?
Art is so important because we need time to create in our lives. We need space to let our imaginations run wild. Creating allows us to get in touch with a more playful side of ourselves. I believe that the more art we can create the happier we all will be! Creating is FUN! We all need more fun in our lives :