We are excited to welcome to MAC's Gallery Retail Manager, Julia! Julia recently graduated from culinary school and her cakes are amazing! Learn more about Julia below!
1. What is your connection to the arts? I never really considered myself an artist until I fell in love with baking and cake decorating. Since then, I’ve been into gouache painting and crocheting too.
2. Are you an artist yourself or do you have a particular interest in the arts?
I am an artist through my baking!
3. What is your favorite arts medium and why is it your favorite?
Baking/cake decorating is my favorite medium because I love being able to be logical in baking and more creative in the decorating.
4. If you could learn any arts medium, what would it be? Why?
I’ve always wanted to learn stained glass making because I love the idea of creating something from nothing and think it looks so beautiful in the sun.
5. What are you most looking forward to as Arts Advocacy and Policy Director for Mono Arts Council?
I’m looking forward to seeing the gallery grow and change as we bring in new artists and hopefully create a more inclusive space in the arts.
6. Why do you think the arts are so important right now?
I always think the arts are important but especially now as people are getting more and more polarized and our planet is in more and more danger, it is important to have something like the arts to bring people together and new voices to light.