1. When did you first realize you were an artist or wanted to be an artist?
--- I’ve been really lucky - my love for the arts started back when I was a little kid. My mom made sure we always had art supplies and a good space to get really messy. I’ve always loved to draw and always loved when we had art at school. I knew pretty early on that I wanted to spend my life doing creative things - dance, theater, music and drawing.
2. You have worked in a variety of art mediums, do you have a favorite? If so, why is it your favorite?
--- All I need is a favorite pen!
3. If you could learn any other arts medium, what would it be? Why?
--- I would love to learn more about pottery and sculpting with clay and stone. There’s something very satisfying about working with clay and in three dimensions.
4. What is your favorite part of your job as a Teaching Artist with MAC?
--- The KIDS!! I will never get tired of seeing their brilliant minds go to work on our projects.
5. Why do you think the arts are so important right now?
--- We live in a fast paced world. The arts make us stop and think deeply - whether we are creating or observing. Art challenges us to slow down, focus and think on a deeper level. The arts are there to help us discover and develop a deeper appreciation of life and its complexities.