Mono Arts Council is excited to welcome Ally Tapley to the MAC team and feature our new Executive Assistant & Teaching Artist.
1. When did you first realize you were an artist or wanted to be an artist?
At the ripe age of six years old, I would twirl, jump, kick, and make-up my own-intuitive moves to the tune of “Material Girl '', blaring by Madonna. I like to say, I was a natural born dancer and choreographer.
2. You have worked in a variety of art mediums, do you have a favorite? If so, why is it your favorite?
Dance Therapy has become one of my favorite art mediums. I truly believe that movement and dance can support the intellectual, emotional, and motor functions of the body. I have found that dance therapy has been very influential in my family life and as an artist. As the legendary dance artist Martha Graham states, “Dance is the hidden language of the soul”.
3. If you could learn any other arts medium, what would it be? Why?
My mom loves to crochet. I’ve tried to learn how to crochet, but I never have. I would love to learn how to make funky artistic scarves.
4. What is your favorite part of your job as the Executive Assistant and Teaching Artist?
My passion is to bring the love of the arts to Mono County. I love supporting my co-workers and connecting with the community. I’m thankful to be able to bring my expertise, education and experience to the kids and schools.
5. Why do you think the arts are so important right now?
Expressing ourselves artistically is always important. With so much going on in the world, our nation, our families, and individual lives, I think it is vital to express our emotions and relieve stress in an artistic way.
Meet our whole team HERE